Chennai Metro Rail Project, Phase-I consist of two corridors. Corridor-1 is from Washermanpet to Airport via Central and Mount Road, covering 23.085 km, out of which 14.30 km is underground (U/G) and the balance elevated. There are 18 stations along this corridor, 11 U/G and 7 elevated.
Corridor-2 is from Chennai Central to St. Thomas Mount via Anna Nagar and CMBT aggregating 21.961 km, out of which 9.695 km is U/G and the balance length elevated. There are 18 stations on this route, 9 U/G and 9 elevated.
GC's scope includes preparation of bid designs, and providing all necessary assistance in bid evaluation, negotiations (if necessary) and award of contracts.
Also included are review and proof-checking of the detailed designs submitted by the contractors.
Construction/ erection supervision at all levels including contract administration, safety, quality and environmental aspects, co-ordination, review/ monitoring of works of all consultants, suppliers and manufacturers, plan for O&M, framing of O&M Manuals.
Plan and arrange for training of personnel of CMRL deployed for operation & maintenance of various equipments and plants at the suppliers’ premises. Plan streetscape and landscape, including Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities; Preparation of Bid Documents for Contractor.
Within the Consortium, services provided by Egis are as follows:
- Project management
- System integration and interface management
- Testing and commissioning
- Systems design: Track, power, signalling, telecoms, ticketing, rolling stock
- Contracts, Civil, Structural, Systems, and lead for multimodal transport planning, property development, utility investigations and majority staffing during project implemenation including testing commissioning of various sytems
- All logistics and equipment supply, and coordination during their design and implémentation