It's been an honor to welcome James Chopty, Deputy CEO, International Affairs, Egis Group and Pierre Tissier, COO, Egis Rail, at the Gurgaon office. The entire Management Team of Egis India, led by Sandeep Gulati, MD, Egis India, was present for discussions and meetings. A Town hall was organised for all employees of Egis India where they interacted with the senior leaders of the Group.
It was an honor to have the entire management team of Egis India, led by Sandeep Gulati, MD, Egis in India, present at the event with their families. Sabine Bonnard, Chief Human Resources Officer, Egis Group and Liliane Dupont, Director, Corporate International Human Resources and Security, Egis Group, were the Guests of Honor.
Egis Eau and Egis India were the project management consultants as part of Tokyo Engineering Consultants Co. Ltd. Led consortium since 01.11.2009.
Please click here
Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik inaugurated and dedicated the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) located at CDA to the people of Cuttack on 05.12.2018. The STP is a part of INR 3,000 crore JICA assisted Odisha Integrated Sanitation Improvement Project, which aims to improve the sewerage and drainage facilities in Cuttack and the sewerage facility in Bhubaneswar Sewerage District VI. The project will benefit around 11 lakh population in Cuttack in next 30 years. The STP is of 36 MLD capacity.
The Chief Minster also inaugurated the Drainage Pump Station at Police Colony, which has a discharge capacity of 2 Cubic Meters per Sec, which will mitigate flooding during rainy season in its catchment area of Cuttack. Another STP at Matagajapur (16 MLD) along with four other Drainage Pump Stations shall be operational in few months making services available in the remaining areas of the city.
Cuttack is going to get a facelift as the picture of sewerage and drainage systems in this city is being transformed under the project.
Among others, State level Hon’ble Ministers, Local political leaders, Addl. Secretary, D.E.A., Ministry of Finance, Government of India, Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Housing & Urban Development Department, Government of Odisha, Chief Representative, JICA, Chief Engineer, OISIP, JICA, OWSSB were also present during the inauguration. Egis team attended the inauguration function of JICA Assisted project in Cuttack, Odisha, India Inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik on 05.12.2018.
Egis Group may open a Global Design Centre in India. Plans to increase its presence in India
Egis, the Paris headquartered global engineering company, today announced Sandeep Gulati as the new Managing Director for Egis India. Sandeep has more than 24 years of varied experience and was previously Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Alcatel-Lucent and Huawei.
For more than two decades, Egis has been one of the leading global integrated infrastructure and engineering companies in India. It is one of the top three providers of comprehensive solutions for infrastructure engineering and project management in the country.
On the appointment, Remi Cunin, Group COO & Deputy CEO of Egis Group, who specially flew from Paris along with other senior group members for this announcement, commented that “Sandeep has shown outstanding capabilities as a leader in his role as CFO and then as Interim CEO and we strongly believe that he will take the Indian operations to greater and profitable growth trajectory. His strong credentials on governance and compliance are an asset to us. India has been a very important market for the Group and is one of the three pole countries outside France. We have heavily invested (~400 Crore INR) in India for nearly 25 years with capital and technology transfers. And we will continue to do that in the coming years as well. India has great talent pool and we are looking at setting up a global design centre in India, catering to our global clients from India. We are confident that Sandeep will be able to help us successfully execute our future plans in India and make our India operations even more profitable and sustainable.”
Sandeep Gulati, the new Managing Director of Egis India commented, “It is an honour for me to be appointed the Managing Director. Egis’ values of ethics and transparency resonate very well with my DNA and I am confident that we can deliver on the Group’s expectations for India, as India continues to be one of the largest growing markets in the global infrastructure space. Egis India is one of the growth engines of the Group and I am extremely positive about the position we are in at the moment in the country. We have the most diversified portfolio of projects among our peers; having some of the most prestigious projects in the country that comprises of 8 metro projects, 3 airports, 2 smart cities, Chhatrapati Shivaji Memorial & Statue of Unity, Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana & AMRUT in Madhya Pradesh and many other transportation and urban projects. We are ready to consolidate the growth we have experienced in the last few years and also grow organically to be the largest and the most preferred company in our space. For us in Egis, doing business is as important as being ethical. We are hungry for growth but we want to grow the right way, the ethical way. This has been and will always be the largest differentiator for us in the minds of our customers. Watch out this space for more in the coming months…”
Read Egis Contact International and discover our projects worldwide. In this issue, HIGHLIGHTS :
- A special report about Smart cities
- The Citadelle Bridge in Strasbourg (Eastern France) winner in the 2016 French National Engineering Awards
- Meet the team working on the Doha metro in Qatar
- Brazil: a resilient giant
- ... and more to read inside.
As part of the 2014 Business and Environment awards Egis has received the Special Prize of the Jury in the "Biodiversity and Business" category for its Bat Trajectory 3D Mapping Tool. To assist in their protection, teams from Egis Environment and Egis Geoplan designed Bat3Data, an innovative tool enabling improved knowledge of bat flight paths and 3D mapping of their trajectory.
This award is organized by MEDDE (French Ministry for Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy), in partnership with ADEME (Agency for the Environment and Energy Management).
Region or City: Delhi
Date(s): September/2013 (Start) - September/2021(End)
Duration: 108 Months
Loan No.: Id-P225
Client: Delhi Jal Board, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Address: Executive Engineer (Project) Water – II, Delhi Jal Board, Room No.: 502, Varunalaya Phase: I, Karol Bagh, New Delhi – 110005
DJB intends to carry out the projects in Chandrawal WTP command area. This treatment plant was constructed in two phases in the year 1930 (159 MLD = 35MGD) and 1960 (250 MLD = 55 MGD). The total capacity of this treatment plant is 445 MLD (98 MGD), including 36 MLD (8 MGD) from the recycling unit. This plant caters to a population 2.2 million. The various project components proposed by the JICA in this WTP command area are improvement of Water treatment plant, installation of SCADA, new transmission mains as well as replacement of the old one, new distribution pipe and replacement of the old one, non-revenue water reduction, creation of DMAs, replacement of pipes within the DMA, transmission pumps and SCADA in distribution network. Further components of GlS mapping customers meter management in institutional reorganization human resource development and creation of Project Monitoring Unit have been considered in the proposed project cost of Rs 2,265 Crores. One of the objectives is Energy Management through rationalization of system to reduce excessive pumping and 24x7 Water Supply.
The main objectives of the consulting services are to assist Project Management Unit of DJB (PMU), which is responsible for the Project implementation in;
- Overall project management of the Project till the Project completion including formulation of project management plans which would be revised from time to time, planning, detailed designs, monitoring, supervision, reporting, and advice on technical, physical and financial progress and social and institutional matters.
- Review of Feasibility Study Reports, in particular, designs for packages 1-5 of the project.
- Preparation of Detailed Project Reports including preliminary design, detailed design, schedule and cost estimation, in consultation with PMU.
- Preparation of pre-qualification documents, tender documents and reasonability of rate for packages 1-5.
- Evaluation of submitted pre-qualification documents and preparation of evaluation result reports.
- Evaluation of proposals of bids and preparation of evaluation result reports.
- Review of Detailed Design for the Chandrawal water treatment plant (WTP) I & II including SCADA prepared by the contractor(s).
- Construction Supervision.
- Strengthening of GIS mapping.
- Establishment of guidelines for monitoring of non-revenue water reduction.
- Planning, preparation of annual plans to be approved by JICA on annual basis, and implementation of public outreach programme, including activities on public awareness campaign and promotion of public relation activities of the Project in consultation with public Relation Unit of PMU.
- Capacity Development.
- Assist DJB, contractors in preparation of the annual and monthly disbursement plans, preparation of disbursement claims, review of disbursement claims before submission to JICA including monitoring of disbursement under the project.
- Review Meetings.
- Liaison with JICA.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Project including preparation of status reports from time to time.
- Preparation of project completion reports and related matters thereof.
- Overseas training