Read Egis Contact International and discover our projects worldwide. In this issue, HIGHLIGHTS :
- A special report about Smart cities
- The Citadelle Bridge in Strasbourg (Eastern France) winner in the 2016 French National Engineering Awards
- Meet the team working on the Doha metro in Qatar
- Brazil: a resilient giant
- ... and more to read inside.
As part of the 2014 Business and Environment awards Egis has received the Special Prize of the Jury in the "Biodiversity and Business" category for its Bat Trajectory 3D Mapping Tool. To assist in their protection, teams from Egis Environment and Egis Geoplan designed Bat3Data, an innovative tool enabling improved knowledge of bat flight paths and 3D mapping of their trajectory.
This award is organized by MEDDE (French Ministry for Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy), in partnership with ADEME (Agency for the Environment and Energy Management).
Region or City: Delhi
Date(s): September/2013 (Start) - September/2021(End)
Duration: 108 Months
Loan No.: Id-P225
Client: Delhi Jal Board, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Address: Executive Engineer (Project) Water – II, Delhi Jal Board, Room No.: 502, Varunalaya Phase: I, Karol Bagh, New Delhi – 110005
DJB intends to carry out the projects in Chandrawal WTP command area. This treatment plant was constructed in two phases in the year 1930 (159 MLD = 35MGD) and 1960 (250 MLD = 55 MGD). The total capacity of this treatment plant is 445 MLD (98 MGD), including 36 MLD (8 MGD) from the recycling unit. This plant caters to a population 2.2 million. The various project components proposed by the JICA in this WTP command area are improvement of Water treatment plant, installation of SCADA, new transmission mains as well as replacement of the old one, new distribution pipe and replacement of the old one, non-revenue water reduction, creation of DMAs, replacement of pipes within the DMA, transmission pumps and SCADA in distribution network. Further components of GlS mapping customers meter management in institutional reorganization human resource development and creation of Project Monitoring Unit have been considered in the proposed project cost of Rs 2,265 Crores. One of the objectives is Energy Management through rationalization of system to reduce excessive pumping and 24x7 Water Supply.
The main objectives of the consulting services are to assist Project Management Unit of DJB (PMU), which is responsible for the Project implementation in;
- Overall project management of the Project till the Project completion including formulation of project management plans which would be revised from time to time, planning, detailed designs, monitoring, supervision, reporting, and advice on technical, physical and financial progress and social and institutional matters.
- Review of Feasibility Study Reports, in particular, designs for packages 1-5 of the project.
- Preparation of Detailed Project Reports including preliminary design, detailed design, schedule and cost estimation, in consultation with PMU.
- Preparation of pre-qualification documents, tender documents and reasonability of rate for packages 1-5.
- Evaluation of submitted pre-qualification documents and preparation of evaluation result reports.
- Evaluation of proposals of bids and preparation of evaluation result reports.
- Review of Detailed Design for the Chandrawal water treatment plant (WTP) I & II including SCADA prepared by the contractor(s).
- Construction Supervision.
- Strengthening of GIS mapping.
- Establishment of guidelines for monitoring of non-revenue water reduction.
- Planning, preparation of annual plans to be approved by JICA on annual basis, and implementation of public outreach programme, including activities on public awareness campaign and promotion of public relation activities of the Project in consultation with public Relation Unit of PMU.
- Capacity Development.
- Assist DJB, contractors in preparation of the annual and monthly disbursement plans, preparation of disbursement claims, review of disbursement claims before submission to JICA including monitoring of disbursement under the project.
- Review Meetings.
- Liaison with JICA.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Project including preparation of status reports from time to time.
- Preparation of project completion reports and related matters thereof.
- Overseas training